Saturday, October 11, 2008

Playing Tag...

And here I was thinking I haven't had any ideas lately for an update to this blog...

Kristen [Grr, the link function doesn't appear to be working, but you can find her blog at http://talesofatiredmommy.blogspot.com] "tagged" me to play a blog game. I'm new to this, but willing to play along. So, to pretty much cut and paste the rules: I tell you six random things about myself, and then tag six more people to do the same. Sadly, however, two of the people I would tag are Kristen and Beverly, who Kristen has already tagged, so I'm not sure how far this will go...

OK, six random things.... Thinking, thinking... OK, here goes:

1. I was a drama geek in high school, and had hoped to get involved in community theater as an adult (not entirely out of the question yet, maybe when Monkey is a little older).
2. I took piano lessons for 8 years, and now don't even own a piano. I gave it away (along with a lot of other stuff I wish I still had) when I moved cross-country to be with my now-husband.
3. I met my husband on Match.com (but he'll deny it if you ask him)
4. I'm a terrible procrastinator.
5. I had weird seizures as an infant, and one doctor told my parents I would probably have to be institutionalized. Instead, I graduated #1 in my class at law school. Not trying to brag, but that's a pretty exciting way to defy their predictions, no?
6. I still bite my nails and pick at my cuticles incessantly - the only time my hands looked REALLY good was when I was pregnant. Maybe I should take those prenatal vitamins just for the heck of it??

So, here's the part where I'm supposed to tag six more people. Hmmmm... I'll get back to you on that part, and in the meantime, I'm accepting volunteers if I actually have any readers out there!!

And, FYI, here are the rules, for what it's worth:

1. Link to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random facts about yourself.
4.Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow! I took piano for quite awhile too. Sadly, we don't have one any more either. My mom gave me hers, but there just wasn't room for it in our condo and we had to part with it. Oh, that and the part where I never played it once it was here.

klalaw said...

Oh yeah - I paid about $200 to have the piano moved from my mom's house to my first house, where it proceeded to gather dust, become increasingly out of tune, and serve primarily as a picture frame holder. I think my friends' visiting kids played it more than I did...

Beverly said...

You have a reader! More than one, it seems! ;) I've already played this game many times, though, so I'll pass this time. I really enjoyed your answers! I, too, played piano for a long time. For me, it was 11 years! But I don't have a piano now, either. I hope Jack has the opportunity to learn to play someday!