Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Call me immature, but...

I just bought Monkey an Elmo video about using the potty, figuring the more he hears about this whole potty idea, the more he'll take an interest in actually using it properly (versus sitting on it for five seconds, ripping up toilet paper, hopping off, pulling out the protective shield, flushing the toilet - you get the idea). Anyway, we decided to debut the video yesterday, and there was an entire segment devoted to different words for #1 and #2, perhaps the highlight of which was a bunch of kids screaming in unison "I really need to urinate!" Really?? Of course, Monkey WAS fascinated by all the talk about pee-pee and poo-poo, so perhaps they're on to something. Just ignore me while I snicker like a 12-year old...

3 comments:

Beverly said...

So what do the kids scream when they need to go #2? "I really need to defecate!" ??

OK, now I'm about to pee in my (totally unsexy, granny-style maternity) pants because I'm laughing so hard!

klalaw said...

Ha - I wondered the same thing! Sadly (or not), there is no parallel for that statement in the #2 statement, although I think the highlight for that is "dookie." Oh, and need I mention that this is probably Monkey's favorite part of the video? Can't tear him away when it's on, and he's got a funny little grin on his face, like "Does Mommy realize what they're saying??"

Ann (http://theblergblog.wordpress.com/) said...

Funny Beverly! I need to check out that video for Jack.